Saturday, September 15, 2012

8 months


8 months!


Time for Connor's 8 month update! Our at home measurements are 19.4 lbs, 29.5 inches. Either weight is off from being a home measurement or there was no weight gain this month which I would venture to say is because he is always on the move! It didn't take long for Connor to get the hang of crawling and now he's all over the place and into everything, which makes it even harder to get stuff done around the house. Oh well, I can have a clean house when he moves out, lol. He his also pulling up on everything and anything, including walls, the dogs, and my legs! He cruises whenever he can and likes opening and closing cabinets and drawers. It's a good thing Ken baby-proofed all of that before he left so the only stuff he can get into is ok, although I still supervise of course. He has a push toy that he now pulls up on and pushes it around the house, squealing with delight that he is walking without having to hold my hands, although he still likes to do that a lot too.

Look, Mama, I'm a big boy!

Pulling up and getting into everything!


Then, just the other day, clear as can be, Connor said "mama" twice! I'm not sure if he really meant it, but he said it! He was fussing for me to pick him up, so maybe??? He's also cutting his first teeth and they are taking forever! It's the bottom front two. Thankfully with his amber necklace, I haven't had to give him any tylenol/motrin for it, but when it seems really bad and the amber isn't quite cutting it, I'll give him a teething tablet for some frozen purees in a mesh feeder. Speaking of foods... we are still slow going because of reactions and having to wait for eczema/diaper rashes to clear and then waiting 3-5 days before starting something new. He also doesn't seem all that into it just yet and I'm lucky to get him to eat a few spoonfuls a day. Good thing food before one is just for fun! I also found out that Ken reacted to orange foods as a baby as well, so we're steering clear of those until after a year which was about when Ken grew out of them. And avocado is somehow related to bananas, which Connor reacted to through my breast milk, so that explains why he reacted to that. My father-in-law is allergic to raw bananas so it's possible Connor might be too.

We had a little bit quieter of a month this time, which I think we both needed. We still kept busy with things around the house and getting out and visiting with friends now and then. We've been taking walks almost every night and the weather has just been beautiful... I love fall! My mom and step-dad came to visit over Labor Day and Connor finally got to meet Grandpa Danny. They were a HUGE help when they were here and got a few more things off of my to-do list. Thank you, thank you!

Hey, Grandma, that tickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment