Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! 


It was just Connor and me this year and it seemed pretty fitting that he should go as Bam Bam Rubble, so I went as Betty Rubble. We got a lot of great compliments on our costumes and Connor made the perfect Bam Bam!



I made both costumes for under $10 and they were pretty easy. I didn't take pictures as I went and pretty much just winged it, so there's no tutorial for how I made them but I can tell you that I used a strapless summer dress from Target that I had as a guide for my dress and then attached felt for the neck part (connected by velcro in the back). Connor's was made from two rectangles, one for the "skirt" (seam in the back and gathered at the waist with elastic) and the long rectangle for the shoulder strap sewn onto the back and attached with velcro on the front (though I will say this made it harder for me to keep on him so it may be better to sew it in place). I then hand sewed the white bone where the strap met the "skirt" and the black spots sporadically around the bottom. The fabric I used for both is the cheap cotton quilting fabric from JoAnn's. For Bam Bam's club, I cut a pool noodle down to size and covered it with brown craft paper that came as cushion in a box for something I ordered online.

Here are the links I found on Pinterest and used as inspiration for our costumes:
Betty
Bam Bam

No comments:

Post a Comment