Thursday, March 1, 2012

6 Week Update

Well I had my 6 week postpartum checkup on Monday and everything has healed and I'm good to return to normal activity :). Connor tagged along to my appointment and of course didn't sleep and did not want to stay in his car seat so he got passed around by the nurses, who fought over who got to hold him, lol. Already a ladies' man! Here's a pic of the outfit he wore... what girl could resist?
Connor in his Calvin Klein outfit
Then on Tuesday, I had my follow-up with the neurologist. Connor came along and had everyone gushing over him again, but at least he slept this time :). So even though my vision is back to normal, I will still be getting the MRI with contrast to check on the abnormality on my first MRI. Right now I'm just waiting on the MRI place to call back and set up my appointment. I was hoping for tomorrow but at this point it's not looking like that will happen. I guess it will just give me more time to add to my stash of milk in the freezer since I will have to bottle-feed Connor and pump and dump for 24 hours. I'm nervous that he won't take a bottle from me though, plus he nurses himself to sleep. This is why I hoped for tomorrow since Ken will be home for the weekend. Maybe it will work out better this way since I'm also worried my stash isn't enough right now for 24 hours. Guess we'll see! Tuesday afternoon I took Connor to the pediatrician to check out a rash I found overnight. Luckily it's nothing serious and looks like baby eczema. We were sent home with samples of aquaphor baby wash and lotion and a Rx for a hydrocortisone cream to help clear it up. The good thing is that it's already much better :).

And speaking of this weekend... Ken is on his way home for a few days! This will be his last time home before deployment so we will make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment