Monday, May 7, 2012

Biopsy Results

So today my ENT's office finally called with the results of my biopsy (I figured no news is good news and kept forgetting to call).... and it turns out it's not a swollen lymph node, it's a lipoma, aka a benign, fatty tumor. Apparently my mom gets them too and the tend to run in families. So unless it's bothersome (they are slow growing but do tend to grow bigger) there's nothing I need to do about it. The woman from the office who called said I should probably follow up every 6 months with it.... I'm assuming that's in case it gets much bigger and I want it to be removed. Right now it's pretty small and feels like it got smaller during my pregnancy so maybe it will just stay small. I'm just so thankful it's nothing to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment