Sunday, August 5, 2012

Farmer's Market Breakfast Bake



Ok, so I actually made this for dinner but it is more of a breakfast food. This recipe arose from the need for a quick, easy meal that I could whip up with what I had in the house. This would be a great breakfast to make after a visit to the farmer's market. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Ingredients

Canola oil spray
16 oz package frozen hash browns
10 oz package frozen cut spinach, thawed & drained (use paper towels to soak the water out)
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk substitute (I used coconut milk drink, you can use regular milk if you don't need to be dairy free)
1 lb. gluten-free breakfast sausage (I used Jimmy Dean's maple pork sausage)
2 cups of chopped vegetables (I used bell peppers)
salt & pepper

Directions


Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with canola oil spray.

Spray a medium skillet (or add 1 tbsp of canola oil) and brown the sausage over medium heat, breaking into small crumbles, until cooked through.

Beat the eggs and milk substitute together in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, set aside.

Spread the hash browns on the bottom of the dish, making sure to break apart any chunks. Then layer the cooked sausage, spinach, and chopped veggies. Poor egg mixture over the top.

Bake for 45-50 minutes, until it's bubbly and the eggs are set.

Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment