Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chiropractors and Detailers

Well it's been a busy week and lots has happened.

I'll start with some good stuff.... after my massage therapist telling me to go for a couple years now, I finally started seeing a chiropractor in hopes that maybe I can get my neck back to normal or almost normal. Turns our my neck and back are pretty messed up and my chiropractor is very optimistic that she will be able to get me feeling much better and maybe even help with our TTC. So a normal, healthy neck is supposed to have a 31-40 degree curve to it when looked at from the side... mine is at a 7. Then when I saw the x-rays of my back... not only do I have awful curvature from scoliosis, but my spine is twisted too. Obviously the scoliosis can't be fixed but the twisted-ness and lack of curve in my neck can be helped. Oh, and my hips are slightly off too... one is a little higher than the other. So my first adjustment was kinda weird, but overall went well and I wasn't too sore afterward either. And since the spinal cord is the central part of the nervous system... my spine being so messed up may be contributing to our trouble with TTC... probably not the main reason, but if seeing a chiropractor could help, it's worth a try.
Some other good news came from a good friend of mine who just found out she preggo with #2. She been trying for several months now so I'm glad it happened for her and she doesn't have to go through all the crap I have. It would be nice if I could get preggo soon and then we can have little ones close in age.... well it would be nice to get preggo soon period.

On to the not-so-good news.... so we found out Wednesday that there are still no openings for Ken to get back to a boat here. He had already got his paperwork to extend in Charleston going through his command so now we pray that it goes through and gets approved. There's always a chance the detailers could deny him and just send him somewhere without giving him a choice... like Guam. We haven't really discussed what we would do in that situation.. but I don't think I would be going to Guam. Whatever happens... we know for sure we only have until September to get pregnant and try infertility treatments. If nothing by then, we'll just have to regroup and figure out where we go from there.

And of course all the stress these last couple of weeks has pushed back my O (ovulation) date so we may have missed the egg this month. Guess it's on to injections next month.

1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted on if the chiro helps your TTC efforts. I to have back issues, scoliosis and uneven hips (right leg is shorter than the left!) and wonder if it causes any issues with TTC and if it will be an issue once/if I do get pregnant.

    Good luck and hoping the husband gets to stay and not go to Guam!

    ReplyDelete