Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ending the Silence



Today begins National Infertility Awareness Week and I'm ending the silence... I am of the 1 in 8 couples who struggles with trying to conceive and of the 1 in 4 pregnancies that ends in miscarriage. Infertility is a disease and it's time to bring about more awareness, more understanding, and more research. This shouldn't be something that women (or men) are afraid or embarrassed to talk about.

So here I am.... announcing that I am struggling with infertility. It is not something that can be cured by just relaxing, getting drunk and having lots of sex, not thinking about it/giving up, or adopting. Although I know it just seems to happen for some people this way, it won't cure the cause of my infertility. I hope that my story might help someone else know that they are not alone in their struggle to start a family. (To read my story, go back to the beginning of this blog and start with the Time Line. Just know if you don't like TMI, you won't want to read my blog, but I try to keep it to a minimum.)

And while I appreciate your thoughts and prayers... I will continue to follow the advice of my doctors.
To learn more about infertility and how it affects 7.3 million Americans, please visit RESOLVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment