Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Plan

So over the weekend, we came up with a plan that makes me feel a little better about making the most of the time we know we have left (since come September we don't know what's going to be happening). I did some research over the weekend about the laparoscopy and discovered that it could be much longer than a few days to recover and TTC that month would be really hard and probably painful. So this means I need to count out that cycle. So here's the plan:
Obviously, this cycle (#22) is on our own.
If we still don't get our miracle, then next cycle (#23) that starts at the end of April, we'll be trying the Follistim (injectable hormones) with TI.
If that doesn't work, I'll get the lap done end of May/early June (cycle #24). Then we will have some answers as to whether or not I even have endometriosis and how bad if I do and what the next best step will be.
With those answers.... we'll have 3 cycles (#25-27) until the unknown in September, in which we can try whatever it is that is deemed the best course of action (like 3 IUIs or whatever).

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a planner and I always feel better when we have a plan of some sort... even if it ends up changing later... I at least have a plan to move forward with now. Today I made the appointment with my OBGYN to talk about the lap and get it scheduled. Of course the earliest I could get in is the 26th, and I'll have to take the afternoon off work. And if we don't get pregnant this month... I may have to have my cd3 scan with the RE the day before, which is more time off work...ugh. Wouldn't it be nice if I can turn that appointment into a pregnancy confirmation appointment? Hey, I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment