Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cycle Day 3

Ok... so I showed up this morning that the RE's office and just about cried when talking to the lady at the reception desk. I felt like an idiot rambling about how I didn't know what else to do but I had to get in today because I'm on day three and I need to start meds for this cycle. I came pretty close to crying too. Yes, I was all mad and ready to yell at someone yesterday, but when it comes down to it... I hate confrontation and usually end up crying instead. Well, she probably though I was crazy, or maybe they see people like me more than I realize... but they got me in this morning. Thank you God! The scan was fine... no cysts on my ovaries.... not that there's a reason there would be. The nurse showed me how to use the injector pen and gave me my first dose of the hormones. My RE is out of town this week so I couldn't ask him about genetic testing like I wanted... but I guess there's always next time. Speaking of next time.... I have to go back on Friday to make sure the hormones are working. I'm starting off on the lowest possible dose but they may have to up it if it doesn't do enough... so they need to check me again. So of course this means I have to miss more work this week and I feel awful about it. I'm supposed to be giving an orientation Friday morning and now I won't be in until late morning :(. Guess there's not much I can do about it. At least if this works this month and we actually get pregnant, I won't have to worry about missing this much work all the time.

Oh ya... and here's a picture I took when my meds came in.... $3500 worth. Luckily I only had to pay $18. At least that part was covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment